Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Where did 2008 go?

I was a bit startled when 2008 ended. It had a brutal ending, yet I almost didn't realize it. It snuck out the back door so quietly that I didn't even get to do my annual self analysis. Time really got away from me. But if I had the chance to recap it and note the most memorable moments... this would be it:

  • My precious girl began playing the violin.
  • She out grew 2 violins and 2 shoe sizes in 12 months, can you say growth spurt?
  • I discovered just how important my Spanish was and just how pitiful I sounded... needless to say I took a few courses and have polished up.
  • I finished my first short story. I was really pleased with this. :)
  • My precious was in her first beauty pagent and was first runner up.
  • She did excellent in both her Spring and Winter recitals.
  • She obtained scholarships for private school and music school.
  • I learned to eat for nourishment and not as a bad habit.
  • My baby started losing her teeth! I nearly cried about this.
  • I attended my 10 year reunion and survived!
  • I learned to eat alone at a restaurant.
  • I went on a date with myself.
  • I managed to "ruin" my daughter's life 5 times and yet was nominated for the "bestest mother of the world" award.
  • I was promoted yet again at my job and despite the economy being what it was, I still got a raise. Yes, God is on my side.

God has always been there and I know he always will. 2009 will be a great year, I have no doubt about that. There are several milestones I will reach that will mark this year as unique and full of accomplishments for my self and my family. I thank God for what he did in 2008 and I look forward to 2009!

No comments: