Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A little welcome.

So you find yourself in a beautiful house. But it's empty. You wander from room to room and yet there is no sign of life, no furniture, no curtains... only the smell of fresh paint. "Hmm," you think to yourself. Must be a model home. That would be me. You walk over to the french doors that lead out to the back yard, a spacious, grass-covered back yard and you glance out one of the many windows and you think you hear laughter. That would be me, laughing at you. You open the door, step outside and take a deep breath in. You feel good. The breeze blows and the hair on the back of your neck stands. That would be me, tickling you. You turn quickly around and see nothing, hear nothing, feel nothing. That would be me, abandoning you. You go back the way you came and eventually leave the empty house. As you close the door you shake your head and you wonder where I am. You wonder what is missing. You wonder what you need. But I am still not there. I am never there. I am only in your head. You are really insane. Get a life.

No comments: