Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Another day...


Another day has gone.
Another line etched on my face.
Another battle with time, lost.
Another opportunity to be happy has passed me by.
And yet, here I remain, unbothered by that.
The lines, time, and opportunities will have another go at me tomorrow.
For now, I just have to breath, take it all in.
I just have to think of how I must do it all over again;
how I must smile and hide my tears,
how I must please everyone but me,
how I must spend my precious time on people so unworthy of it.
Only to give the scraps leftover to the only deserving person of all.
And all she gets is the tired remains of my day.
And yet she is happy and grateful for those sacred moments we share.
It saddens me... that she is satisfied with so little,
and I cannot offer her any more than that.

No comments: