Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Semi-Annual Self Analysis

If you would have shown me a snap shot of my life now, last year... I would have laughed and accused you of being on crack. In T-13 days, I will have been on this earth for 3 decades. I now have the self imposed task of wondering if my life in those 30 years has been worth living. Have I met up to the standard that my creator set for me when I was in my mother's womb? Have I been a delight to my mother, have I given her enough reason to rejoice and be proud of me? Have I met the expectations that my father had for me? Have I been there for my sisters and brother, can they say good things about me without lying or embellishing? Have I been a good mother, does my daughter know without a doubt how much I love her? Have I been a good wife; is my husband proud to be by side? Am I a good cook now? Have I been a good friend to those who surround and love me? Have I been a good employee; a trusted assistant, a worthy steward of my talent? Have I been kind to strangers and shown the world the love of God? Have I been kind to myself?
There is a lot to evaluate here, this may take all 13 days. I better get busy.

No comments: